Top Ten Inquiries During Shutdown
These are the top topics of inquiries we have received at InformedFED in connection with the #TRUMPSHUTDOWN. The order of the type of inquiry may change based on future inquiries.
- Can I collect unemployment?
- Can I get a different job during a government shutdown?
- How do I resign when there is no Human Resources Office?
- Do I have to report for work during a government shutdown?
- Can I call in sick during a government shutdown?
- Can my supervisor call me at home during a government shutdown?
- What if I do not have money for gas to commute to work?
- Can I be charged AWOL during a government shutdown?
- Can I use GoFund Me to solicit money for living expenses?
- I do not think I should be categorized as an “essential employee”.
InformedFED provides expert administrative consulting and related transactional services to federal employees and labor organizations in all labor and employee relations matters including arbitration, grievances, disciplinary and adverse actions,Unfair Labor Practice Complaints (ULP), EEO Complaints, Reasonable Accommodation and Alternative Dispute Resolution matters (ADR).
Contact us. Web: www.InformedFed.com | Phone/Text: (202) 642-1287 | Twitter: @InformedFed | Hire a Consultant
The material on this website is intended to provide only general information and comment to the public and federal employees. Although we make our best efforts to ensure information found on this website is accurate and timely, we cannot, and do not, guarantee the information is either. Nor do we guarantee accuracy of any information contained on websites to which our website provide links. Do not, under any circumstances, rely on information found on our website as legal advice. It should be considered a general guide. Federal personnel matters are often circumstantially complicated and fact dependent. Consultants offered through this website are not attorneys and are not employees of InformedFED. They are advanced labor and employee relations practitioners. They provide services to clients in their individual capacities through individual agreements with their clients. Though attorneys are not required for representation in administrative matters or proceedings, there are instances in which our consultants may refer you to attorneys or otherwise make such recommendation. In no instance does this site, or consultants associated with this site, infer the provision of legal services.